In our article Setting up a dev environment in managed WordPress and managed WooCommerce hosting, we give you the tools to create a testing site for you to develop, make changes and rearrange your WordPress site without impacting the function of your live site. But what if you create a site, love the design, and want to use the framework for another site you're developing?
Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce Hosting has the answer, Stencil Sites. You can create a copy of any site you have and use it as a template for another deployment without having to duplicate the hard work you've put into customizing the site. This will save you time when you need to quickly get a site up and running with a design you've already tested and approved. Let's take a look at how you can create a Stencil Site.
- Log into your Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce Hosting control panel.
- Click the Site Dashboard button on the site from which you want to make a stencil.
- Navigate to the Stencils section of the portal.
- Enter the name you want for your Stencil and click Add Stencil
- The Stencil will begin creating and the progress will show on the main page of your portal.
- Once the Stencil is created, you can see it on the Stencils page in your portal.
- You can now create sites using this stencil by clicking the Create from Stencil button.
- You will be directed to the Create Site page. Enter the domain for your site you would like to create from the existing stencil.
- When your site is done creating, it will show in the list on the home page of your portal in the site list.