How to configure your Magento store to use SSL certificates, which allows your site to exchange encrypted information with web users.
SSL certificates create an encrypted link between a server and a client. A functioning SSL allows users to transmit sensitive information between servers and browsers without fear of third-party eavesdropping. For more information about SSL certificates and how they function, see What are SSL certificates?
If you have not already purchased an SSL certificate, either visit our website or contact our sales team, available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. eastern time (ET), Monday through Friday. Otherwise, use the procedure below to configure Magento to use your SSL certificate:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- From the System tab, click Configuration.
- In the Configuration menu, from the General drop-down list, click Web.
- In the Web section, click Secure.
- In the Base URLfield, enter “https://” and follow it with your domain name.
- In the Use SecureURLs in Frontend and Use Secure URLs in Admin fields, select Yes (see above). Your store is now configured to use your SSL certificate.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.
To learn how to purchase an SSL certificate, contact our sales team between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern, Monday through Friday.