Read this article to learn how to change SSH passwords for your server from the CLI, provided you have SSH access.
If you are a Nexcess client on a physical (non-cloud) server, you may alternatively use SiteWorx to change your SSH password.
This method requires SSH access. Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers must first enable SSH access and adjust their firewall settings in SiteWorx; Cloud accounts have SSH enabled by default.
1. If you have not done so already, enable SSH. See How to enable SSH access for details.
2. Log in to your server with SSH.
3. Enter the command:passwd
4. Type your password, then press Enter.
5. When prompted for your current UNIX password, enter your SSH password, then press Enter.
6. Retype your new password and press enter. If successful, you will see the output:
passwd: all authentication tokes updated successfully
Not a Nexcess Customer Yet?
There are many reasons to choose Nexcess. Get faster speeds on Nexcess servers and with our fully managed hosting plans.
Check out our offerings or reach out to get started today.