How Nexcess clients on a physical (non-cloud) servers can reset SSH passwords and add SSH keys.
Resetting SSH passwords
ATTENTION: If you are a Nexcess Cloud client, see instead How to generate and view SSH/FTP passwords for your Nexcess Cloud Account and How to add SSH keys for your Nexcess Cloud account.
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
- If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24/7 support team for assistance.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > SSH Account.
- In the SSH Account Information section, click Reset password.
- After a moment, SiteWorx will provide the new password.
Adding SSH Keys
For more information about SSH keys and how their use can simplify control access for multiple users, see What are the advantages of using SSH keys to control access for multiple users?
Log in to your SiteWorx account.
If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24-hour Support Team for assistance.
From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > SSH Account.
ATTENTION: For Step 3, you must have already created the SSH key pair using the method provided in How to create SSH keys in macOS and Linux or How to create SSH Keys in Windows with Putty. You will use the public key for Step 3.
In the SSH Keys section, paste your public SSH key into the Key field and, if desired, fill the Date expire field. Click Add Key.
- If your key is valid, SiteWorx will confirm success.