How to enable CAPTCHA for user creation in Magento 2
We recommend enabling CAPTCHA for user creation to prevent malicious mass-creation of false users and the spamming of password-reset requests. If your store is already receiving high numbers of bounce-back emails or has been blacklisted by mail servers, enabling Magento 2 CAPTCHA will help prevent future occurrences.
Magento 2 CAPTCHA Method
This method is for Magento 2 CATCHA. For Magento 1, go here.
- From the Admin Panel, select STORES > Configuration.
- Select CUSTOMERS > Customer Configuration.
- If the Use system value checkbox is selected, clear it. From the Enable Magneto 2 CAPTCHA from storefront drop-down list, click Yes. Then, click Save Config.
- Locate the Forms section. If the Use system value checkbox is selected, clear it. Use Ctrl-Click or Cmd-Click to select Create user and Forgot password.
- Click Save Config. Your store will now present a Magento 2 CAPTCHA whenever someone attempts to create a user, or when attempting to reset a password.
Resources for More Information
Support: 24-Hour Assistance
New Customers: Fully Managed Hosting Solutions
- What is Magento?
- Going live with your Magento 2 store
- How to flush your Magento cache
- How to improve the security of your Magento store
- Magento 2 Admin Panel: Optimizing Loading Speeds for Admins