ExpressionEngine (EE) is a commercial, modular CMS developed by EllisLab.
It is available in both core and standard and is generally suitable for both small, static sites and dynamic content-heavy sites. Like many content management systems, EE allows website administrators a means of managing their website without need the understand or use code, though it also offers features useful for practiced developers and designers.
Some notable features include:
- Templates that help administrators without coding experience build dynamic websites
- A variety of plug-ins and modules
- Managed mailing lists
- Search engine and query tools
- User comment system with spam detection
- Data caching to reduce server load without sacrificing content
- Traffic statistics
For more information about ExpressionEngine, visit the EllisLab website.