Learn how to purchase standard SSL certificates through the Nexcess website, though this is not the preferred method for existing Nexcess clients.
Before you dive into this article, kindly review the relevant details on the Nexcess product page for SSL certificates.
This is not the preferred method for Nexcess clients. We recommend using the method provided in How to purchase SSL certificates from your Client Portal.
What you need
- A Nexcess account on a physical (non-cloud) server.
- A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) within SiteWorx. Refer to How to generate a CSR to learn how to create, view, and copy your CSR to your clipboard, which you will need later in this procedure.
- Generate a CSR using the method outlined in How to generate a CSR, then copy that CSR to your keyboard.
- In your web browser, visit the SSL Certificates page of our website.
- Locate the SSL Standard package and click Sign Up.
- From the Term drop-down list, select your desired term.
- In the Certificate Signing Request field, paste the CSR you created in How to generate a CSR and be sure to include -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- .
ATTENTION: If you use Nexcess Cloud, you must contact our support team, who will generate your private key and CSR for you.
- In the Approver Email drop-down list, select the email address to receive confirmation. This list will show the email address originally registered with that domain. If you do not have access to that email address, you can use SiteWorx create a mailbox. Use one of the email addresses below, then configure your mail client to access that mailbox:
ATTENTION: We recommend using "<postmaster@<domain>".
- Confirm your total, click ADD TO CART, then click PLACE ORDER. If, at any point, you are prompted to enter your Client Portal credentials, you may locate them in your Nexcess Welcome Email. If you cannot locate this information, click Reset Password or contact our support team for assistance.
- After you place the order, the email address specified in Step 5 will receive a confirmation email, and the Nexcess Provisioning Team will contact you within 1 business day.
You can refer to the Nexcess product page for SSL certificates for a thorough review of them.