How to use SiteWorx to enable SpamAssassin and configure its rules for handling spam.
- Your email account must already have the local mail delivery option enabled. If you need to enable local mail delivery for your domain's email account, refer to How to configure a remote mail server.
- This method is only available for Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) accounts. For assistance with your cloud account, contact our 24-7 support team by email or through your Client Portal.
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
- If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24/7 support team for assistance.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Administration > Mail Options > Spam Settings.
- From SpamAssassin drop-down list, select On).
- Once SpamAssassinis enabled, the configuration options become available for selection. Refer to the following table for an explanation for each of the available configuration options.
Shows the status of SpamAssassin and allows you to stop, start, and restart the SpamAssassin service.
SpamDelivery Define what happens to spam once it has been tagged by SpamAssassin. The options are either of the following: 1) Deliver the Spam to an IMAP mail account named "Spam" or if that account does not exist, the "Inaccount." 2) Delete Spam scored above a certain threshold, delivering all other spam to the IMAPmail account named "Spam." Messages that are scored above this value will be tagged and identified as spam by SpamAssassin. Messages with scores below this value will not be tagged as spam. Spam Score Threshold Messages that are scored above this value will be tagged and identified as spam by SpamAssassin. Messages with scores below this value will not be tagged as spam. Rewrite Message Subject You can choose to have SpamAssassin alter the subject line of messages it identifies as spam. This can make messages tagged as spam more readily visible when viewing a list of messages, and can be used to filter messages based on the subject line in some email clients. Message Attachment Policy Set whether and how SpamAssassin alters the messages it tags as spam. Global Default Spam Preferences Your server administrator has the option of configuring server-wide SpamAssassin preferences. The preferences you define here will override any global preferences that have been specified.
Adding custom SpamAssassin preferences
If you would like to specify additional SpamAssasin rules, contact your reseller, provider, or the Nexcess support team.
After you have you enabled SpamAssassin on your domain, two IMAP folders are automatically added to your email account: Learn Ham and Learn Spam. You can use these folders to instruct SpamAssassin to separate useful email from spam.
When email arrives, move it to the corresponding folder. SpamAssassin will automatically create rules for distinguishing between legitimate messages and spam.
If you use an email client other than Web-based programs available through SiteWorx like Horde, SquirrelMail, and so on, subscribe to IMAP folders so that the Learn Spam or the Learn Ham folders display. Refer to your email client program's documentation for instructions on subscribing to IMAP folders.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.