We recommend enabling CAPTCHA for user creation and password retrieval to help prevent malicious attempts to generate spam.
If your store is already receiving high numbers of bounce-back emails or has been blacklisted by mail servers, enabling CAPTCHA will help prevent future occurrences.
- From the Admin Panel, select System > Configuration.
- Select CUSTOMERS > Customer Configuration.
- Click CAPTCHA.
- From the Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend drop-down menu, click Yes.
- In the Forms field, use Ctrl-Click or Cmd-Click to select Create user and Forget password.
- In the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Login field, enter "0".
- Leave all other default settings and click Save Config.