How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers can enable and disable .htaccess files.
What you need
- Experience working with .htaccess files; otherwise you may significantly degrade your site
- A physical (non-cloud) Nexcess account; if you are a Nexcess Cloud client, instead contact our 24/7 support team for assistance.
- A backup of your htaccess file
Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
- If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24/7 support team for assistance.
On the main menu, click Hosting Features > Htaccess.
Select the check box corresponding to the file (1). From the With Selected drop-down list, select either Enable or Disable (2). Click Go when ready.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.