How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) accounts can add secondary domains to their service.
What you need
- An Nexcess account on a (non-cloud) server. If you are a Nexcess Cloud client, see How to add secondary domains in Nexcess Cloud for guidance.
- Ownership of the secondary domain and have access to modify the DNS records at the domain's registrar.
- Knowledge of the nameservers of the primary domain from the Nexcess Welcome Email. If you cannot locate this information or need assistance, contact our support team.
A secondary domain functions as an independent entity, with its own email accounts, websites, directory structure, statistics pages, bandwidth, and recording. The only real connection between a primary domain and a secondary domain are the resources and feature limits of a shared service. For example, if your service allows for ten email accounts, you can have five on your primary domain and five on your secondary domain.
Creating a secondary domain adds a new folder within your home directory on the server, for example:
- example.com: /home/username/example.com/html/
- dev.example.com: /home/username/dev.example.com/html/
The path to this directory is the web root or document root. If you need a domain to have its own document root, you would create a secondary domain using this directory. This type of domain will also have its own vhost file for the configuration of server level options like IP addresses and SSL certificates.
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- If you do not know your password, click Forgot your password on the login page.
- If you do not know the web address for your SiteWorx login page, either refer to your Welcome Email or contact our 24-hour Support Team for assistance.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > Domains > Secondary.
- In the Domain field, type the name of the secondary domain, but do not include "http://www". Do not change the values for the IPV4 and IPv6 fields.
- Click Add (see above).
- If the domain name you typed is accepted, it will appear in the Type column, below Master, as Secondary. Allow up to 72 hours for your secondary domain to propagate before becoming fully functional.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.