How Nexcess clients can conserve and free disk space in their Magento server environment.
Disk space alerts
A disk space alert message is issued from a variety of areas. The most important disk space alert messages are issued automatically as an email from the SiteWorx control panel, or as an email sent by a member of the Nexcess Monitoring Team.
Clearing out unused files
- Check common locations and files which can frequently take up large amounts of space in /html/var/logs.
- This syntax will be written to the log file every time an error occurs.
- The log file can fill-up very quickly, but you can safely delete the contents.
- Database tables: Certain tables are used to log visitors or similar data. If you do not want to maintain this data, consult How to perform Magento database maintenance.
- Product images: Magento creates redundant images requiring a large amount of space. Remove unused product images to create space.
- SiteWorx backups (non-Cloud only): If you are a Nexcess client, refer to How to delete backup files with SiteWorx.
- IMAP email: The IMAP protocol stores emails on the server rather than on your email client. If you have a large amount of archived emails, or many emails with attachments, these do count against your disk quota. Consider deleting or creating a backup of any unused emails to conserve your quota.
If you are unable to find any files suitable for deletion, consider upgrading to the next plan level. For additional help, contact our sales team, available from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. eastern time (ET), Monday–Friday.