How Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) accounts can add FTP accounts to their service.
The number of additional accounts available to you depends on your specific hosting plan.
For security reasons, this makes use of TLS encryption on FTP, also known as FTP over TLS.
ATTENTION: This method is necessary for Nexcess clients on physical (non-cloud) servers only. If you are a Nexcess Cloud client, see instead How to generate and view SSH/FTP passwords for your Nexcess Cloud account.
ATTENTION: This procedure alone will not grant SSH access; you must also whitelist any IP addresses that will connect using SSH. See How to manage firewall whitelists in SiteWorx for more information.
- Log in to your SiteWorx account.
- From the SiteWorx main menu, click Hosting Features > FTP > Accounts.
- In the FTP Username field, enter your desired username.
- Type your password, or click Generate to have one created for you.
- Note your root directory in the Home Directory field. To select a specific subdirectory, click the default directory and select your preferred directory, then select your desired directory from the directory tree and click OK.
- Expand each directory if necessary by clicking on the plus sign and then on the subdirectory name. Click Add when ready.
- You must now whitelist any IP addresses that will log in using SSH. Follow the instructions in How to manage firewall whitelists in SiteWorx. In Step 4 of that document, select SSH.