As of January 2017, PHP 5.6 is End of Life, meaning that PHP 5.6 is only being supported for security issues and no other support will be given.
PHP 7 is the newest release of PHP, replacing PHP 5.6 and lower. Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce hosting gives you an easy upgrade tool so that you can update your sites to PHP 7.
The upgrade tool will scan your entire site and let you know if your site is compatible with the upgrade. If not, it will send you an email to let you know what to update in your site to make your upgrade seamless. We will walk you through upgrading to PHP 7.0 in this article.
- Log in to your Managed WordPress and Managed WooCommerce hosting control panel.
- Click on dashboard to open the site you wish to upgrade to PHP 7.4 from the portal.
- In the portal Environment tab it will show the PHP version. Select the PHP version in the dropdown. Select the PHP version you want to change it so.
- A popup will display which will allow you to change the PHP version on your site.
- If any PHP conflicts are found when running the compatibility check then a message will display in the portal.
- You can run the PHP update and bypass running the compatibility checker.
- When the PHP version change has been made the PHP version will be reflected in the portal environment tab of your site.
Once your upgrade is complete your site will run faster & be far safer.
For 24-hour assistance any day of the year, contact our support team by email or through your Client Portal.