Each SIP runs on a combination of heavily optimized software and top of the line hardware, all hosted in our secure, modern Data Centers. Listed below are some of the extensive optimizations we've made to ensure that the SIP plans remain the premiere Magento hosting platform.
Magento White Paper: Best Practices for Optimum Performance
We have years of experience hosting Magento, and this White Paper crystallizes the best practices that we have identified through rigorous testing of hardware and software configurations. Learn how a load-balanced server cluster can process more than 550 transactions per second - and almost 7,000 transactions per second using our Turpentine plug-in!
- Dell R4x0 Server
- Dual Intel Hex-core server with Intel E5-2420 Sandy Bridge Processors
- 256KB L2 cache per core
- 15MB L3 Cache per CPU
- 7.2 GT/s QPI
- Up to 24GB DDR3 Registered 1333MHz memory
- 15K SAS Hard Drives in RAID 10 configuration
- 15,000RPM Spindle speed
- Battery-backed hardware SAS Raid controller with 512MB write Cache
- RAID 10 Configuration
15K SAS Hard Drives in RAID 10 configuration provides zero read/write contention between drives and tagged command queuing for highest performance over traditional SCSI or SATA drives. RAID 10 is selected for fastest read/write performance. RAID 10 is a stripe of mirrors offering full data redundancy without the need of costly parity calculation.
15,000RPM Spindle speed provides fastest read/write access and data transfer at 6.0Gbit/s per drive to the SAS controller.
Database Performance Tuning
- Percona Server with XtraDB is used on all Magento plans
- Database data is stored on a 15K SAS disk RAID 10 filesystem with a battery-backed caching RAID controller
- Perconas my.cnf variables have been specifically tuned for Magento
- All unnecessary system services have been disabled. This server is running Magento and has been optimized in every way for Magento
- All critical applications and libraries including the system Kernel are kept up to date with nightly YUM updates.
- Custom configuration of latest stable PHP v5 built specifically for running Magento
- APF (Advanced Policy Firewall) has been installed and configured for maximum security and packet throughput performance and reliability. The APF rules applied are extensive to provide system security and a PCI compliant hosting environment.
- All dedicated SIP servers may be protected by an optional hardware firewall for an additional layer of security.
Operating System-level Tuning
- Frequently accessed file systems such as /tmp, /var, and /home are mounted with the noatime attribute to increase performance
- System sysctl kernel parameters have been optimized for greatest network performance and prevention of source-routed, spoofed, and redirected packets
- System Integrity Monitor (SIM) watches all critical system services
Web Server Optimization
- PHP Realpath cache settings are increased
- PHP open_basedir is disabled for increased php performance
- PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is an alternative high-performance method of running PHP based web applications
- KeepAlives are enabled
- Gzip output compression is enabled
- Alternative PHP Cache ( APC) is enabled and optimized for Magento on all plans.
- Memcached distributed memory caching system is setup in a distributed failover environment, replacing the Magento /var/cache filesystem
- Fully burstable 1000BaseT uplink
- BGP Version 4 redundant network serviced through 4 separate carriers
- Our network consists of enterprise level Cisco Catalyst 6500 series equipment for both our core and distribution
- Redundant secure backup systems
- Continuous data protection. We backup your site files using R1Soft's Server Backup Manager. Backup copies are kept in two locations, one on your server and the second on a remote backup server
- Percona database data backed up nightly for all plans
- Backed-up data is retained for up to thirty days