There are few things more painful in business than losing a lead. You lose out on potential profit, and it can make you feel incompetent.
But here's the good news:
There are WordPress plugins that can help generate valuable business leads.
WordPress plugins can enhance your website’s functionality. You can add important features like signup forms, contact forms, chatbots, sidebars, and much more.
43% of all websites use WordPress, meaning there are plenty of features and add-ons to choose from. And with over 50,000 WordPress plugins, you can transform your website into a business lead magnet.
Popular WordPress lead generation plugins like Convert Pro and HubSpot enable your website to accept payments, get feedback, and collect email lists, among other core business functions.
Plus, these plugins enable integration with other useful plugins for your business, like WooCommerce for ecommerce.
Now that you know what lead generation plugins are, let’s take a look at the nine best WordPress lead generation plugins available to ramp up your campaigns.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why You Need WordPress Lead Generation Plugins for Your Business
- 9 Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins
- 5 Steps To Choose a WordPress Plugin for Your Business
- Final Thoughts: 9 Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins in 2022
Why You Need WordPress Lead Generation Plugins for Your Business
Generally, the biggest headache for every business is getting customers, which makes lead generation a core marketing function. Incorporating plugins into your WordPress website means translating prospects into high-quality leads.
A good lead generation plugin helps you capture meaningful data, like visitors’ email addresses, to use in your next marketing campaign.
So, what are the benefits of using WordPress lead generation plugins?
A good plugin will grow your email list quickly, capturing website email addresses through targeting and content locking. You get a convertible email list as a result.
Plugins with exit intent technology let you know why visitors abandon their shopping carts or bounce from your website.
Most WordPress lead generation plugins are highly customizable. You can toggle around the plugin's dashboard to include or exclude certain features, like targeting, integrations, and popups.
Plugins empower you to automate tasks like email subscriptions, saving you time for more productive business duties.
Most WordPress plugins have frequent fixes and updates for the latest performance upgrades. Premium plugins often have round-the-clock customer support to fix bugs and assist you when using the plugin.
9 Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins
WordPress lead generation plugins are lifesavers for netting promising leads visiting your website. Most of these plugins have similar functions, which can make choosing one tricky.
To make the choice easier, we’ve selected the nine best lead generation plugins for your WordPress website. We’ve also included a guide to help you choose the one most suitable for your business.
1. Convert Pro
Convert Pro’s an all-in-one email list-building tool with email functionality, popup forms, and analytics.
Convert Pro has a drag and drop feature that empowers even novices to build popups quickly and have alluring sales funnels.
Convert Pro’s a valuable tool for marketers, portfolio business websites, bloggers, and ecommerce businesses looking to capture leads.
Key Convert Pro features:
- Multi-step popup feature for faster conversions.
- Drag and drop editor for easy popup customization.
- A/B testing.
- Real-time analytics with Google Analytics integration.
- Integrates with popular email marketing providers and customer relationship management (CRM) services like HubSpot, AWeber, Mailchimp, and Zapier.
- Targeting with advanced methods like page level, referrer detection, cookie control, and device detection.
- Advanced triggering based on exit intent, inactivity, scroll aftermath, and welcome messages.
Pricing: Plans start at $99/year when billed annually.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: All businesses that want to grow their email list.
OptinMonster is a popular WordPress lead generation plugin with over one million sites that use it.
OptinMonster charts the lead generation waters with ease with its trademark exit-intent technology and on-site retargeting.
Key OptinMonster features:
- All-inclusive tool kit to grow your email lists.
- Drag and drop builder with 70+ templates.
- Different form types for campaigns like countdown timers, floating bars, and full-screen overlays.
- A/B testing and business analytics.
- Page level targeting.
- Exit-intent technology to help with cart abandonment.
- On-site retargeting to create campaigns for new email subscribers and get more from your existing audience with scroll retargeting.
Pricing: Plans start at $9/month when billed annually.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: All businesses.
RafflePress has gained popularity as the giveaway plugin of choice for many due to its ease of use and efficiency. With this plugin, you can grow your audience through new subscriptions, email opt-ins, and purchases.
Turn your visitors into brand ambassadors for subscriptions, media engagement, and more traffic to your website. RafflePress is an effective WordPress plugin to pump lead generation to the next level.
Key RafflePress features:
- Drag and drop builder.
- Integrates with CRMs and marketing plugins.
- Social media integrations.
- Mobile-friendly plugin interface.
- Viral giveaway templates to quickly build your giveaway campaign.
- Giveaway landing page template.
- Tracking and retargeting.
Pricing: Free (with limited features). Premium versions start at $39.50/year.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Hosting giveaways.
WPForms is one of the most popular form builders in the WordPress library. More than five million businesses use it to create registration forms, surveys, lead capture forms, and contact forms.
WPForms offers a solution for payments, newsletters, registration, contact, and survey forms. With its top design templates, lead generation becomes a breeze.
Key WPForms features:
- Drag and drop form builder.
- Instant notifications.
- Easy to embed in blogs, widgets, and page footers.
- Integrates with popular email marketing tools.
- Security with its unique smart CAPTCHA to prevent spam form submissions.
- Payment integration with Stripe and PayPal.
Pricing: Free (with limited features). Premium plans start at $39.50/year.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Creating contact and lead generation forms.
5. HubSpot WordPress Plugin
HubSpot’s WordPress plugin provides powerful marketing functionality with its free CRM software.
Using HubSpot, you can quickly contact your website visitors, capture leads, and automate processes.
Key HubSpot features:
- Drag and drop builder for marketing campaigns.
- A/B testing and automation.
- Forms and popup templates with elegant themes.
- Live chat.
- Integrates with popular lead generation and ecommerce plugins like AWeber, Mailchimp, and WooCommerce.
- Free CRM and prospect tracking.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Small and medium businesses on a budget that need an all-in-one lead generation tool.
LiveChat helps you fire up potential customer conversions with its WordPress plugin. It enables you to embed a live chat feature on your website where you can quickly answer queries and collect emails and phone numbers. LiveChat provides a way to reach your customers 24/7 while collecting important marketing data to help you gain more leads. The plugin’s chat widget uses a contact form for offline messaging and lets visitors sign up for your offers.
Key LiveChat features:
- Chat widget.
- Compatible with popular website builders.
- 100% customizable for brand-specific integrations.
- Chat monitoring and history recovery.
- Ticketing system.
- Automated engagements.
Pricing: Plans start at $16/month when billed annually. A free 14-day trial is available.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Adding live chat functionality to your WordPress site for enhanced user experience.
7. Thrive Leads
Similar to OptinMonster, using Thrive Leads, you can transform your website into a conversion tool with advanced lead forms, API integrations, and an intuitive interface.
Thrive Leads is easy to use and offers a drag- and drop editor to customize your campaigns.
Key Thrive Leads features:
- Customizable lead form templates, including sticky ribbons and slide-in forms.
- Exit intent pop-ups.
- Integrates with email services.
- Drag and drop builder.
- A/B testing.
- Analytics and business insights.
- Advanced opt-in targeting.
Pricing: Plans start at $97/year.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Creating advanced opt-in forms.
A clever yet simple way of converting visitors into warm leads is by having an enticing landing page. Leadpages helps you customize your WordPress landing page to meet your goals.Using Leadpages, you can have a website up and running using pre-designed templates in no time. That translates into quicker acquisitions and higher conversion rates, which every business wants.
Key Leadpages features:
- Drag and drop landing page builder.
- Customizable templates for building quick landing pages.
- Responsive checkout form templates, alert bars, and popups.
- Integrates with email marketing services.
- Automated SSL certification and GDPR compliance
- Conversion tools like A/B testing, real-time analysis, and exit intent technology.
Pricing: Plans start at $37/month when billed annually. A free 14-day trial is available.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Creating landing pages that convert.
Operating on a freemium model, Sumo is another competitive plugin for lead generation. The plugin helps you capture and build an email list quickly and efficiently.
Sumo’s free version has useful features that some plugins would sell. That makes it perfect for small businesses, and you can always upgrade to a premium plan with more features later.
Key Sumo features:
- Advanced visitor targeting.
- Email opt-in forms.
- A/B testing and analytics.
- Social media integration.
- Integrates with email marketing services.
Pricing: Free (with limited features). Premium plans start at $39/month when billed annually.
Best WordPress lead generation plugin for: Capturing leads through email.
5 Steps To Choose a WordPress Plugin for Your Business
Plugins offer powerful functions for your website, but hunting for the right one is just as important. While your plugin selection will be on a case-by-case basis depending on your business’s needs, there are some best practices to follow.
Here’s a five-step checklist for choosing the best WordPress lead generation plugin for your business.
Look into a plugin's features, specs, support, and reviews. Follow the needs of your business and how well the WordPress plugin solves pain points.
2. Determine Compatibility
Note that some hosting providers block specific plugins for security reasons. If unsure, check with your hosting company before making any purchases.
Also, be on the lookout if the plugin allows integrations with other website optimization tools.
3. Compare Plans
Some plugins with free plans offer similar features to premium plugins. On the flip side, plugins with paid plans often offer more features. Choose a plugin in line with your needs, not just your budget.
4. Test the Plugin
Test your plugins before deploying them on your website. A staging website will help you see if the plugin works as intended and if it's worth keeping.
Pro tip: Have a WordPress subdirectory on your website where you can run trials before installing plugins on your main website.
After testing, it’s time to install the plugin. Check if it runs as it should.
Pro tip: Contact the plugin’s support team if you’re having any trouble running the tool. You can also consult the plugin’s FAQ page or knowledge base to find a solution.
Final Thoughts: 9 Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins in 2022
WordPress plugins can boost your lead generation if you do it correctly. Start by identifying what you need to accomplish, and then select a plugin that brings in results.
WooCommerce is a WordPress ecommerce plugin that works seamlessly with WordPress lead generation tools. WooCommerce integrates with other plugins to enable payments, contact forms, and chats, among other vital website functions.
Nexcess offers complete WooCommerce hosting with 24/7 support for both small and large ecommerce stores. Learn why you should choose Nexcess. Call us today for a free consultation to find out which WooCommerce hosting package is best for you.