According to the 2022 Customer Success Collective report, 97% of businesses track customer retention rates at least once every year, but only 58% have a dedicated customer retention program to solve customer challenges.
You can stand out from the competition by focusing on customers’ pain points and increasing customer loyalty.
If you’re using ecommerce on WordPress, you can benefit from several top-tier plugins to optimize the customer retention strategy.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of customer retention and WooCommerce plugins you can use to retain more customers:
- Benefits of Customer Retention to Your Store
- 4 Top Plugins To Improve Customer Retention
- Final Thoughts: Best WooCommerce Plugins To Improve Customer Retention
Benefits of Customer Retention to Your Store
Unlike new customers who require convincing, your existing customers are already sold on your products or services. In other words, making an effort to retain current customers reduces your expenses and creates growth opportunities.
Here are some of the benefits you get from customer retention:
- Reduced Cost of Customer Acquisition: While retargeting and other customer acquisition tactics may help meet your KPIs, they are often expensive. Customer loyalty can be more cost-effective than acquisition as it encourages word-of-mouth marketing, which is the most trusted channel among customers. Neilsen shares that 88% of people trust recommendations from friends and family.
- Improved Products and Services: New prospects are more sensitive to new products and services. Any slight change may cause customer churn. In contrast, your loyal customers help you test out new products and even share promotions in their circle.
- Helps Strengthen Your Brand Loyalty and Image: Customer retention comes with customer satisfaction and a positive customer experience. Both of which make your brand stand out from the competition. Once your current customers associate you with quality, they’ll return for more. They’ll also leave positive testimonials and participate in your customer loyalty programs.Not to mention, loyal customers market your products by word of mouth and referrals.
4 Top Plugins To Improve Customer Retention
Customer retention requires addressing customer pain points in multiple ways. For instance, you can clear up their confusion regarding a product or service. You can suggest personalized solutions to their problems. And you can provide your services in a secure way to protect their data.
Here’re the best plugins to tick all these boxes and improve your customer retention.
Live Chat — Best Customer Engagement Plugin
LiveChat is an all-in-one live chat plugin that helps you keep in touch with the customers on your website over a given period of time.
You can use LiveChat’s dynamic chat tools to increase customer engagement and retention. It also produces ecommerce reports and analytics to track loyal customers. Not to mention, its collaborative tools let you manage multiple chat agents across your website.
LiveChat offers support for integrations, APIs and Webhooks.
- Support for over 200 third-party integrations.
- Multi-channel customer support.
- Access to metrics and analytics.
- Automation for repetitive requests.
- Customer feedback system to evaluate support services and staff members.
- Notifications and customized responses.
Best Customer Retention Plugin For: Engaging customers across different platforms, including social media.
Pricing: Premium plans start at $16 per month per agent when billed annually.
OptinMonster — Best Lead Generation Plugin
OptinMonster is a dynamic lead generation plugin to generate more subscribers, leads, and sales by targeting your existing traffic. You can also use it to personalize offers and appeal to different customer bases.
OptinMonster’s list segmentation tools reduce cart abandonment and increase revenue by helping you provide the customers with the best possible offers. You can also collect their emails and nurture them to increase the customer lifetime value (CLV).
OptinMonster also offers educational and expert courses that cover how to maximize this plugin's potential.
- Geolocation targeting.
- Drag and drop form builder.
- Exit-intent technology.
- Customer reports and analytics.
- A/B testing.
Best Customer Retention Plugin for: Lead generation, form building, customer relationships, and email campaigns.
Pricing: Premium plans start at $9 per month (billed annually).
Yoast WooCommerce SEO — Best SEO Plugin
Search engine optimization (SEO) helps a website rank in search engine result pages (SERPs) and builds credibility. Yoast WooCommerce SEO can help you optimize the website for search engines by using SEO techniques.
In other words, Yoast WooCommerce SEO lets you do internal linking, cut out 404 errors, and make your ecommerce products stand out in search results.
You can try out the free Yoast SEO plugin or upgrade to the premium plans. Yoast also comes as part of a package of apps, so the plugin subscription offers more plugins than just Yoast SEO WooCommerce.
- Product-specific SEO analysis.
- Automatic XML sitemap optimization.
- 24/7 support team for premium accounts.
- Ecommerce SEO education.
- Improvement in the breadcrumb navigation.
Best Customer Retention Plugin for: Ecommerce product-specific SEO.
Pricing: Paid plans start at $79 per year.
iThemes Security Pro — Best Security Plugin
iThemes Security Pro is a security plugin that protects your WooCommerce store and client information from hacking and other online threats. It protects your login information from misuse and monitors website traffic to block potential attacks.
With iThemes Security Pro, you protect your customer data and accounts from intrusion and keep your website active and healthy.
iThemes blocks brute force attacks, phishing, data theft, and other common website attacks. It also supports two-factor authentication, a standard security requirement for modern secure logins.
- Login security
- Two-factor authentification
- File change detection
- Security logging
- Block specific IP addresses and user agents from accessing the site
- Ban bots and malicious users
- And much more.
Best Customer Retention Plugin for: All-round WooCommerce website security.
Pricing: Basic plan at $80 with limited features. Premium plans start at $127 per year.
Final Thoughts: Best WooCommerce Plugins To Improve Customer Retention
Customer retention calls for and comes with a better customer experience. Using different WooCommerce plugins, you can facilitate customers' buyer journey and offer that enhanced experience.
You can further improve the customer experience by improving the WooCommerce website’s load times and security.
Try Nexcess’s WooCommerce Managed hosting. Sign up today to benefit from increased speed, security, and scalability.
This blog was originally published in July 2019. It has since been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.