Four years ago, we expanded our European hosting services to include Amsterdam, arguably one of best-connected cities in the world. Now, we’re bringing the scalability and versatility of Nexcess Cloud to our Amsterdam data center!
Why Amsterdam Matters for Ecommerce
Amsterdam hosts about one-third of Europe’s data center capacity, and for good reason. In North Holland (Netherlands) and near the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX), the combination of geography and technology provides reliable low-latency connections to France, Germany, Scandinavia, and much of eastern Europe.
The city continues to stand as a center of information technology and ecommerce entrepreneurship, with proven network infrastructure and expansive connectivity to key EU markets. Amsterdam’s history as an international trade hub played will see further exposure this October, when the city hosts MagentoLive Europe, a gathering of 2,000 merchants and developers from around the world.
A Closer Look at the Amsterdam Facility
As a PCI-compliant hosting provider, we apply the same high standards of reliability and security that we apply to all of our data centers. The Amsterdam facility occupies a state-of-the-art data center only minutes away from AMS-IX and uses redundant Tier 1 carriers for dependable connectivity and speed.
Sixteen generators and 2N redundancy keep the data center ready for nearly every power-loss scenario. As for security, the facility upholds triple-authentication access with biometric readers, as well as 24-hour manned security stations, intrusion detection, and camera surveillance.
With the launch of Amsterdam Cloud Services, our clients can expect the same security and performance already present in all of our global data centers. We built this platform to make it easier than ever for your service to grow with your business.All Nexcess Cloud services include:
- 24-hour support and monitoring
- Free migration
- PCI-compliant cloud hosting
- optimized application hosting for Magento, WooCommerce, WordPress, Drupal, and others.
If you’re a Nexcess Cloud client, you may also add:
- Auto Scaling: Ensure your site stays online during foreseen and unforeseen traffic spikes. Be billed only for what you use, when you use it.
- Cloud Accelerator: Boost your site’s delivery of static content (.jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .js, .css, among many others) to deliver a near-instant experience to your site visitors.
- Instant Dev Sites: Create dev and staging environments at the touch of a button. Test changes without fear and maintain user security with auto-scrubbing of personally identifiable information (PII).
Questions? Our sales team has answers! Contact them at email@example.com between 9 a.m.– 5 p.m. eastern, Monday to Friday.