Information floods customers from the minute they pick up their phone in the morning until they put it on the charger at bedtime. Whether social media ads or robocalls about their car’s extended warranty, your customers are bombarded with a steady stream of noise.
It can be challenging to communicate with them if you don’t know how to cut through that noise to share what you have to offer. HubSpot email marketing can help your brand stand out and build customer trust. Keep reading to learn how to use HubSpot for email marketing.
Sell your products online, worry-free
Officially recommended by WooCommerce, our hosting is made for online businesses like yours
Why Use Email Marketing?
Email may seem old-fashioned in comparison to something like influencers on TikTok. But if something works, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Email marketing can help you connect directly with your customers in a way that social media can’t.
Email marketing is the practice of targeting your customers through email. Customers subscribe to your email list, and you send them valuable content about your industry, brand, and products. These emails do many things, but on a macro level, they regularly get your brand name in front of customers. And that can help customers remember your brand and differentiate it from competitors.
But is email marketing still relevant? According to the stats, it is. Take a look!
- There are more than four billion email users worldwide. Some of them are your customers.
- According to 79% of marketers, email marketing is one of their top three best marketing channels, meaning they see a return on the time, energy, and money they invest in it.
- Email subscribers are more likely to convert into customers.
- Unlike social media followers, you own your email list. So you don’t have to play the algorithm game. You can show up in front of those customers without the hashtag hassle.
There are even more benefits to email marketing beyond effectiveness and reach. For example, you can easily build a relationship with your customers via email. You show up in their inbox and share valuable information with them. They learn that you’re a leader in your industry and get to know more about your brand simply because you emailed them. Building that relationship is a great way to increase brand awareness and customer trust.
And don’t forget product promotion. The average customer’s social media feed is full of ads they scroll right by. But in email, you can communicate the value of your products or services and promote your business on your terms without playing the viral trend game.
And maybe the best part is how you can segment your email audience. Not every customer is ready to click buy. You can segment your warm leads from your new subscribers with a good email list. That means you can tailor your communication to each segment and feed your customers the information they need to convert them from leads to loyal, paying customers.
Email marketing may seem too good to be true in a world of constantly evolving algorithms. But it’s not, and with HubSpot email marketing, you can build and implement a strategy in less time than it takes to try the next viral social media challenge.
How to Use HubSpot for Email Marketing
There’s no definitive method for how to do email marketing, so be ready to get your hands metaphorically dirty. Every business must do something different to attract subscribers and keep them engaged.
After choosing an email marketing software like HubSpot, a good plan starts with a clearly-defined strategy. This strategy will help you market to every customer on your list.
Steps for building a HubSpot email marketing plan:
- Define Your Audience. Marketing 101 is about knowing your ideal customer persona and creating content tailored to their needs. Before you do anything with your email list, define this ideal customer and know what they need from you.
- Set Goals. Gather information about your industry's email statistics, such as open, click-through, and unsubscribe rates. This data will help you set realistic goals and show how you compare to your competitors.
- Build Your List. Like Rome, you won't build your email list in a day. Understand that this portion of your strategy will never end. Use forms to collect contacts and entice customers to sign up with lead magnets. These customers then agree to allow you to send them marketing emails. Based on what lead magnet they sign up for or where they sign up, put them into a specific email segment. Marketing segmentation will help you tailor which content you send to which customers.
- Choose Campaign Types. There are four types of successful email campaigns, from newsletters sent out at regular intervals, promotions sent out to announce sales or new products, retention emails to keep loyal customers engaged, and acquisition emails to turn subscribers into customers. You’ll send each of these emails, but you need to know when and to which email segment to send them. And what works for your business may not be what works for others. So choose carefully and keep your ideal customer in mind.
- Create a Schedule. Think about how often you'd like to email your subscribers. Set your schedule and stay consistent. Consistency will help your customers get to know your brand and prevent them from unsubscribing if you show up in their inbox after a long period of inactivity.
- Measure Results. Once you've sent a few emails, you'll have some data to show you how your campaigns are doing. Look at open rates to see how your subject lines are performing. Your unsubscribe rate will show you where your audience stops engaging with your company. There are tons of email analytics to help you refine your strategy. Checking in regularly will help your list continue to flourish. The HubSpot WordPress plugin can help you record and analyze this data.
Ready to Jump into Email Marketing?
Email marketing allows you access to customers in a way that social media simply can’t. But it’s vital to remember that once someone gives you permission to email them, you’re a guest in their inbox. You should never abuse that privilege. Continually send them valuable information that’s relevant to them, and they will stick with you.
HubSpot email marketing can help kickstart your email marketing strategy for your online business. And the best part? The HubSpot WordPress plugin helps collect email subscribers and gives you the data you need to refine your email marketing strategy.
Build your ecommerce business on WordPress and use Managed WooCommerce Hosting to keep your data secure and your site at top speed. Check out our plans to get started today.