Episode 36: What goes into a B2B eCommerce store?
When most people set up an eCommerce store, they’re thinking about capturing individual online shoppers. These online shoppers often search for good prices on single purchases, forcing store owners to drive lots of traffic to the website.
One of the shifts you can make is to become a Business to Business, or B2B, store. Instead of marketing yourself to individual consumers, you can lock in professional clients searching for goods in higher quantities at fairly consistent intervals. It requires you to make some changes, but it’s a very appealing business strategy that you as a store builder should be prepared for.
On this episode you’ll hear:
- An explanation of a B2B business model and how it differs from a B2C (business to consumer) model
- How B2B clients differ from your B2C shoppers
- Ways to attract B2B clients to your site
- How to update your website for B2B activity
- What B2B clients need in terms of customer service
- Tech resources for going B2B
If you’re looking to harness the latest advancements in technology to make your shopping experience more interactive and engaging, then this is one episode you won’t want to miss!