Episode 31: The Magento 1 End of Life Announcement
In 2018, the popular Ecommerce platform site Magento announced that its popular version 1 would stop being updated and supported in June 2020. Since then, several web developers using Magento 1 have migrated to other platform sites or upgraded to Magento 2. However, there are still several sites hosted on Magento 1, and those sites have an important and timely decision to make.
For Ecommerce websites that are still hosted on Magento 1, there are no easy answers. Switching platforms or upgrading to Magento 2 will be costly, time-consuming processes. On the other hand, staying on Magento 1 could potentially leave them exposed to security threats, and certain features may not be compatible with other upgrades they wish to make.
On this episode you’ll hear:
- The story of Magento 1 and what is really happening in 2020
- The possible uses of Magento 1 after June 2020
- When store builders should consider making a change
- Key factors to consider when changing platforms
- How to have this conversation with your clients
If you host your website on Magento or are curious about the current options for Ecommerce platforms, then this is one episode you won’t want to miss.