Episode 23: How to Design a Store Effectively if You're Not a Designer (and How to Get Design Help)
In a perfect world, we would each have the perfect skill set for our profession. We would have all the skills we would ever need for any client request that came our way. Our job description and our comfort zone would perfectly overlap.
Alas, this is seldom the case. Today, we’re tackling a specific scenario: what should you do if you are asked to build an online store with no prior design experience or training? Luckily for you, there’s a lot you can do.
On this episode you’ll hear:
- Considerations on building a store from scratch vs. using pre-established templates from platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce
- What to look for in a web store template
- How to make your site as visually appealing as possible
- Design considerations you should keep in mind
- How to handle frustration
If you can relate to being asked to do something outside your comfort zone, then this is one episode you won’t want to miss.